View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #41
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtmms View Post
You might try running a battery test. My first Fire 8.9 did very strange battery things. It routinely shut down due to low battery while showing between 20% and 40% charge. I turned wifi off and played a previously downloaded video continuously and couldn't get more than about 5 hours on a full charge. Customer service confirmed I should be getting better battery life.

I exchanged it and the new unit has no battery quirks. It can play video with wifi off for more than 8 hours. It actually drains all the way down - no low battery shut offs while showing high percentages.
I chatted with Amazon today, and told them the battery problem. They are sending me a new one. So I hope my new one does not act quirky too. They said I should be getting much better battery life. Mine would be good some days, and then some days it was dead. Just from reading a book!

Thanks for the suggestion. Now I get to reset the old one and start over on a new one. and pack up the old one and ship back. It will be worth it if my new battery is good.
new is offline   Reply With Quote