View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Dictionaries and Indexes on K Fire and K Touch

I've received my new Kindles and am upset.

Fire does not fully support Mobipocket dictionaries and indexes. On Fire, you can't access a dictionary's index and can't input any text to search its index (you can search the text).

The text search on Fire is also much much slower than on its epaper cousins. Apparently, it doesn't pre-index the books as is done on other hardware Kindles.

Kindle Touch does allow you to search dictionary's "Index Items" but the process is much more cumbersome than on Kindle 3.

So, in short, using dictionaries or OSNOVA Bibles (that extensively use the index function) is impossible on Fire and difficult on Touch.

Am I missing something?
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote