View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #40
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
CNET looks at the Acer Iconia W519-1422:
http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/acer...-35472859.html

Win8Pro ATOM Tablet with dockable keyboard.
10 hours battery life as a tablet, 13+ hours with the keyboard.
They take issue with the price.
Quote:
For Web surfing, e-mail, and other basic tasks, it actually works fine. Doing heavy Photoshop work, trying to play even basic games, or just running too many windows at once can be frustrating. If you temper your expectations, it's acceptable, but my issue is the $750 price -- at that level, Core i3 and i5 laptops, even very slim ones, are available. With the Atom you also don't get the benefit of Intel's latest HD 4000 integrated graphics, so even low-end games will be unplayable. Is the Atom a deal breaker? No, but systems with this chip belong in a lower price category.
Of course, Acer products are readily available at a discount even at launch.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote