View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
Thanks to all who replied.

next question before i buy and only people here can answer that is does it suffer from the same slowdown as the kindle if you put 6000 to 10000 books on the sd card or its internal memory?

does it do the indexing nonsense that the kindle does?

the kindle becomes unusable due to freezing ,reboots,restarts after about 3000 books

i want to load all my books up to 10000.(some are epubs..some are mobi...some are duplicated in pdf,txt,rtf,etc.
I don't know what the "indexing nonsense" that the Kindle does is. The Kobo devices process each book and stores details an internal database. The library lists are from this database. If you put 10000 books on an SD card and inserted it in the Glo, it would take a long time to do this process. Processing 500 books on the SD card in my Touch takes over 30 minutes.

I have heard of people with 5000 books on the SD card with no real problems. I don't know if it slows down much, but he was happy with it.

Another user here who also had bout 5000 books decided that he didn't like the organisation that is on the Glo and went elsewhere. I don't remember whether he actually loaded the books onto the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote