View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Adobe Digital Editions 1.7

I installed the latest Adobe Digital Editions 1.7 today.

It can read the free sample from BN I downloaded yesterday and all free PDF books I have on my PC. However, it does not recognize the free sample from BN I downloaded today and does not recognize any of my Sony books at all.

However, my Sony books are still BBeB versions. The BN sample from yesterday is a non-DRM ePub book. The Sony 3.1 software shows the types (BBeB or ePub).

Because of this confusion it pays to use BN software to read BN books and Sony software to read Sony books. My Adobe DE will probably not be used much by me at all. I use Amazon software to read Amazon books.

Since I'm getting that Sony PRS 900 very soon, I'll stick mostly to Sony books with an occasional one from BN or Amazon.

I authorized my Adobe Digital Editions for my PC. Hopefully, all these books will only use DRM / PC protection (+ eReader Device) and make it standard. Then we could buy DRM protected books and read them with any software.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-13-2009 at 06:02 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote