View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The Add Books dialog certainly seems a lot more robust now in that it always correctly disappears at the end of adding books!

The only thing I noticed (which I agree is not critical) is that the messages in the dialog are not updating as the source suggests they should. The dialog starts by saying "reading Metadata" and the "read Metadata from filename" messages never appear. The "reading Metadata" continues to be displayed while in fact it is actually adding the first book to the database instead of a "Adding books to database" message appearing. It then updates itself to say "Added bookname to library" which stays displayed while it is adding the next book. I wonder if calls to processEvents() are still required after you have used set_msg to() change the message to ensure the messages display correctly?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote