Thread: PRS-T2 Hacking the T2
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #29
e-ink
partly refreshed
e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: It's a Sony :P prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Booting an update image from SD card is a stock feature...
Hey porkupan, this is very off-topic but I'd be happy to get some more information about this feature and its limititations on the T1.

My idea is to set up a dualboot environment with a 2nd full featured android test system, loaded with the help of an update image. By editing init.rc of the normal rootfs I could change the location of the partitions of the original system to free some space for the test system partitions.

In an early try (without altering partitions) I just put the files of the rootfs area (unmodified) into a cleaned update image and tried to boot that from SD. The progress bar reached 100% but then it hung.

Are there any restrictions on the T1 to prevent loading a full android with the help of a recovery image?
Is it limitations of the recovery kernel, that caused my test system not to start?
In case I replace the recovery kernel with a - lets not hope - faulty one, will a "normal" boot still work (boot loader, "normal kernel" & "normal rootfs" areas untouched)?

If you can shed some light on the procedure of the recovery boot process that would be great.

Thank you so much porkupan for your work! I'm so pleased to have an "open" reader.
e-ink is offline   Reply With Quote