View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
the original file size is 739KB. the converted file size is 1,011 kb. Is this increase in file size normal?

Also, the formatting looks just fine when I open the original pdf in ADE, but in the converted file, there are broken lines, and other odd artifacts of conversion.

i've not done much conversion at all, and this is my first one from pdf - are there any settings I should use for a cleaner final file?

The book is this month's free book from University of Chicago: Collections of Nothing. I'm trying to convert it so my parents (who are even less technical than I am) can read it on their kindle.
Converting PDF is a crap shoot and probably guaranteed to NOT be the most efficient coding
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote