View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
"29" on the CoolReader seems to be close to "10pt" on the FBReader. I guess it doesn't matter what the units are, as long as you can find one you're comfortable with.

I've also found out that CoolReader can read .htm and .txt files as well as the .fb2, .epub and .rtf files that wallcraft mentioned. In fact, CoolReader does a better job with .txt files than FBReader: CoolReader is able to identify chapter headings and displays them centered in a larger font with a page break before the heading.

I've also found that CoolReader seems to retain different settings for different file types. For example, I can set all my .txt files to display with font size "29" and all my .rtf files to display with font size "33". With FBReader, if I choose "10pt" font size, all my ebooks with be displayed in "10pt", regardless of file type. I don't know if this is a good thing or not: I prefer "10pt" on all my ebooks, so I don't need separate settings by file type.

FBReader has a setting to change top, bottom, left and right margins. This feature seems to be lacking in CoolReader.

Overall, I think I'll stick with FBReader for most file types, but go with CoolReader for .txt files to get the chapter headings. It's good to have a choice.