View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Kindle Dx Graphite First Impressions

Sorry I can't take pics right now, i don't have a camera with me at work (a lifeguard at an empty pool) I forgot to grab it when I took my lunch break and drove home at breakneck speed.

On to my first impressions.

It came loaded with 2.5.5.... didn't even know there WAS a 2.5.5, last I had heard of was 2.5.4.... 2.5.5 doesn't seem to do anything different but I haven't explored so much yet because I'm too busy marveling at...

The screen! OMG the screen! When they said 50% better contrast, they meant it. On the e-ink manufacturers website for the new screen, PEarl, they compared the last generation Viziplex to a newspaper, and Pearl to a book, and they were very right. I've seen a cople pictures of peoples who got theirs before me and I have to say that the pictures really don't do them justice. the screen isn't light grey, it's WHITE.

And no, that's not because of the graphite casing, though i'm sure it helps. The screen is WHITE! DARK, BLACK letters on white background. I could die happy.

Since that's most everything people want to know about, I only have a few comments on everything else. The whole device seems very responsive, very snappy. I don't have my old DX to compare so I can't tell you if it is thinner than the last generation, but it does feel about the same weight.

If you are unhappy with your Kindle (or any other e-reader for that matter) e-ink screen, feel that the contrast could be better... this solves it, I swear.

If you have any questions I'll be here to ask.... it's not like anyone swims in this pool.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote