View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Only if those are *exactly* the same will it work.
...and on close inspection, Amazon have decided that Harry should pursue a Philospher's Stone, rather than a Philosopher's one.

Thanks Kovid - glad to work it out!

Next question - is there I way I can / could in the future thanks to the munificence of the Calibre developers have override fields for matching author and title. All being well, Calibre matches with Author and Title. When the alternative loader (Amazon in this case) take leave of their senses, I can secure a match in a field that is hidden from normal activity (like looking at important bits of metadata such as author or title).

That way, in my example, I can keep Amazon Cloud, Amazon Kindle and Calibre all in step. I have achieved that now - but only at the expense of looking like I can't spell Philosopher!

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote