View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
There are already ads in books (e- and otherwise). They're called "product placement ads." Any time you read about a character drinking a Coke or driving a Ford, you can bet money changed hands to have that happen.

Aside from that, I'm reminded, for some reason, of the original DIVX. (Not the video code, the original "one use" CDs), which crashed an burned so spectacularly that nobody ahs even tried since.

As for me, in this day and age where the only approach to advertising seems to be to annoy the hell out of the customer until they give you money, the annoy them even more, I'll stop reading entirely before I put up with ads in books. Fortunately, with outfits like Project Gutenberg, I won't have to.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote