View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #11
Llandamaar
Llandamaar began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola Xoom Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I recently read the lost fleet series by Jack Campbell and really liked it, basicly the main character John Geary is recovered around 100 years after he was frozen by a malfunctioning escape pod into a war that's been going on since he was frozen and everyone has basicly forgotten the older tactics.

So because of his seniority and being remembered as a hero he ends up commanding the fleet and trying to get it home again through enemy space. Doesn't sound to great from my description I know but there is a lot more to it.
I loved that series too until the last 2 books when the repetition of such lines as "Geary let out a breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding" was repeated for the 1000th time and drove me mental
Also the final part of the final book was so shockingly terrible and unoriginal I was was left with a feeling of disgust.
Apart from those little points, awesome books.

Incidentally, I am responding to this thread an age after the last post more as a thanks to the posters as I am on the last 2 books of Star Force and was also looking for similar series and there is a wealth of suggestions here so thank you all.
Llandamaar is offline   Reply With Quote