View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by markino View Post
Nothing changes if you finish your current book does it? The current book, finished or not, stays on the Home screen, because the Kobo can't know whether you've finished with it or not - which is sort of the point at issue. Besides, this PDF could be on your Home screen as things currently are, couldn't it, if you didn't add any books for a while?
On my KT and Glo, when I finish a book, it disappears from the home screen and is replaced by the next unfinished/unread book from the Recent Reads list (or recently read/added/whatever list). For instance, I was re-reading Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan series. When I finished A Civil Campaign, it vanished from the home screen, the other 4 books visible on the home screen moved up 1 spot and the Troubleshooting and Support Guide for TPMfOSD 7.1.1.9 moved back up to the 5th spot (a book I refer to every few weeks but never finish.)

Yes, when I add a mass of new books, it does wreak havoc on the home screen but I simply go to the recent reads sort and open the books I am currently reading to add them back to the home screen. OTOH, I am one of the few people I know who add books more than one or two at a time.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-27-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: usual fat fingered typo corrections
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote