View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #14
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
What he said! Let them start this $hit, and I will find a pirate site to download all of my music & books and not pay anyone for them.

If you are going to charge me the full price for an ebook, then I get to download it, back it up & keep it!

I have never had any interest in loaning out my books since the few times I did, I got them back all jacked up. I don't know how, nor am I interested in uploading my books for others to read.

I seriously doubt that I'm the only one who feels this way or would be the only one to act this way if forced to by all this foolishness. Let's not kid ourselves, this is about greed, not about protecting authors.

They have 3 choices, do the cloud but severely drop the price of ebooks or not & see people truly embrace pirating, or keep it as it is now and live with a few people who might be pirating. Or drop drm, start treating people like the ones who actually provide their paychecks by buying books with good service & reasonable prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Anyone who trusts their files only to "the cloud" without local copies and backups is an utter moron.