View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I have to agree to disagree with Sadi Ranson-Polizzotti. The only time the short sentence/paragraph argument holds any water is when you are writing non-literature and specifically targeting a sub-set of the ebook readers, those using severly limited screens like cell phones.

I've never felt the reading ebooks on a device that can display text with a proper line length is at all difficult and I've read 100's of books of literature by classic authors. By "proper line length" I'm refering to the long held print media standard of approximately 40 characters (~35-45 when proportionally spaced) per line. This length has been proven to yield the maximum readability. My current device, a Sony UX-50, yields 35-40 characters/line using MobiPocket and my favorite text size. BTW, this is why the "fine print" on contracts is so hard to read. Its not the small size but the fact that the lines are massively long in terms of character count.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote