View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #8
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
This is only a guess since I haven't tried it myself - but I've opened up several Smashwords ePubs and it is clear that most of the Meatgrinder is based on calibre.

So far as I know calibre won't accept a Word doc as an input file, but it will accept rtf. Would it work to convert the doc file to rtf, convert it with calibre to ePub or mobi format, and see how it turns out?

There's no guarantee of course that the Meatgrinder hasn't got some other stuff inside it which will mess up calibre's conversion.

I believe that they use Open Office in their conversion stream. I think that they probably use that to make what ever their input in to Calibre is.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote