View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Canti: Manga Processing Program

Hi Sony board, I wrote this manga processing program (called "Canti") for my Kindle DX and iPad, but I've added in Sony settings so you guys should be able to use it as well.

-Feature List-
+Image processing:
-scale width/height
-reduce to maximum dpi
-auto trim white space around an image
-auto rotate landscape image to portrait
-full color or grayscale
-specify # of colors
-change source image format
+Supported input sources:
-Single folder of images
-Single .zip/.cbz
-Single .rar/.cbr (Note: Must have compatible unrar program installed on your system. See below for details.)
-Single .pdf
-A folder containing any number of the above items, allowing you to process a whole manga series with one command (See-Instructions- section for details on how to organize your manga for batch processing)
+Supported output formats:
-Folder of images (any format supported by ImageMagick should be ok)
-.zip/.cbz
-.rar/.cbr (Note: Must have compatible rar program installed on your system. See below for details.)
-pdf (including right-to-left page ordering)
-epub (including right-to-left page ordering)
+Supported input images:
-Pretty much anything that ImageMagick supports (see http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php)
It's safe to assume that all major image formats are supported: .jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png, etc...
+Binding
-Binding allows you to combine multiple input sources into a single output
-Two ways to use binding:
-Can create a bind file to manually specify which chapters to bind into a single volume
-Can also auto bind a specified number of chapters into volumes
+Auto split landscape 2-page scans
-Can detect whether a landscape scan contains two separate pages and split them accordingly
-Tries not to split landscape 2-page scans where the two pages form one big image
+Generate a settings file for a variety of ereader devices
-Optimal settings stored for many of the top ereader devices like the Kindle DX, K2, and iPad
-Can also generate a default settings file if Canti doesn't know the optimal settings for your particular ereader device
-Any setting can be changed by the user to meet his/her needs
I don't own a Sony ereader and so I haven't personally tested manga produced by Canti on one, but from the tech specs I think this should work for you guys. Read the included readme.txt for installation and usage instructions.

Enjoy and let me know if it works for you
Attached Files
File Type: zip Canti_v1.81F2.zip (77.0 KB, 287 views)

Last edited by lilman; 07-07-2010 at 04:59 PM.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote