Thread: iPad ePub transfer Question
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #41
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The original point was why I blamed Apple for adding another DRM scheme and was told the blame should be put on Adobe. I'm just explaining why personally I blame Apple. As mentioned already, Apple put their own business decision above what I consider a better solution to the customer.

I agree that they are a company and money comes first but still doesn't change my mind that I blame them. Placing blame on Adobe for the similar belief is also a valid one, for they are not giving it away for companies to use. However, I would souly blame Apple if the reason they went in house with their DRM is because of their squabble with Adobe. If the cost of implementing Adobe's DRM is 'pocket change' to them, then there really isn't a reason for them not to do what is better for the customer.

I guess at the end I'll blame both for not doing what is better for the consumer and throw in the pubishers as well since they insist on having DRM.

Last edited by MerLock; 04-13-2010 at 03:34 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote