Thread: PDFCropper
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #43
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks, Kralik.

I followed your instructions carefully. But after applying auto frames to all pages the box frame seemed to work only on alternate pages (odd pages). I had to repeat dragging the grey box, re-apply the auto frames, to get the even pages done. Maybe a bug or I probably have missed something.

Also what's the purpose of "crop settings"? Is it necessary to set them to the jetbook screen size?

This software seems very powerful, I'm probably just scratching the surface. Even as a newbie, I've discovered a few advantages this software has over sopdf: a) all the pages in landscape mode are of the same size after cropping, b) it's able to visually crop off the headers and footers.

I'm also mystified by this statement on the site:
Tip: To make your license more flexible, take registration code when external USB drive (flash or HDD) is connected (you DO NOT need to install application to external USB drive). By taking this external USB drive to another computer you can reuse your license.

How does it work, in practical term? I don't understand it at all. Additionally if I replace my PC can I use the license again?

Again, thanks, Kralik.

Last edited by greenapple; 02-09-2010 at 10:14 PM.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote