View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #30
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainio View Post
EDIT: Just crashed whilst reading an epub. Had to reset using the little hole at the bottom. Hmmm. May have to sticky tape a paperclip to the back for emergencies...
When you say crashed, what exactly do you mean... I'm curious as in all the times I've owned a Touch I've not had to reset with a paperclick while reading.

What I HAVE seen though is either the unit go un-responsive to Touch but still respond to the center button at the bottom of the Touch OR appear to be totally frozen on the home screen.

In either case what has always worked for me is to first, hold the power switch over to the right for a few seconds to perform a power-off, and then after releasing the switch, do a slide and release of the power switch to initiate a power-on operation.

What IS confusing is that the screen does not change when the power-off occurs, and it's not till you start the power-on and see the screen go white and then the boxes appear and get coloured in (and see the LED near the power switch turn on and change colours) that you know the power-on HAS happened.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote