View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #41
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeankap View Post
The latest from lakebookbegone...

I've now successfully downloaded all but one of the files to ADE. There's no transferring these files to the eReader though. In fact, there's no transferring these files to another PC, even if everything is authorized with ADE. I realize that they are frantically trying to fix the problem, but c'mon, this is not rocket science... After the latest fiasco, I told the support guy that they may as well just give my money back.

-J

In ADE if you bring up the "Item Info" dialog, then in the permissions section I am guessing it says:
"Allow viewing: on this computer"
instead of
"Allow viewing: on any device"

If it does, then this was a deliberate decision by S&S to limit the content to a single device and not something that's going to be fixed.

If they didn't inform you of the restrictions prior to the sale then asking for a refund certainly seems reasonable to me.

Last edited by Jim Lester; 10-30-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote