View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you know of Apprentice Alf, you can easily buy Amazon eBooks for use with a Kobo. Ecosystem problem solved.
You can. It is a minor hassle. Integrated experiences are superior in the absense of a compelling reason to choose otherwise -- hence I mentioned it. Some people care.

Quote:
Kobo Glo HD has better battery life & a better screen than the PW3 (according to Blossom).
They both have great battery life (>weeks), and you can find however many people you like ready to swear that one or the other is better. I don't believe either side!

I can't testify to the screen, but I am amazingly happy with my Kindle Touch, and I am pretty sure it beats both -- at having an inferior screen.
In fact, I think the Kobo vs. Kindle screen quality arguments tend to be nearly as futile as the battery debates, with much conflict of opinions on both sides.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote