View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
How does the Glo HD treat sideloaded books?

I just bought my wife a Nook Glowlight+ to replaced the Nook Glowlight she had before, and I am starting to regret my decision.

I own a Kindle and wife owns a nook. We buy books from both stores and I use Apprentice Alf's tools to convert all our purchased books to both ePub and KF8 format.

Which works great on the Kindle. To the Kindle, all content is the same, sideloaded or purchased and downloaded.

The nook, however, treats sideloaded books like second class citizens. There's not grouped with your other books that are purchased. Instead they're under "My Files." They can't be grouped into shelves. There's some hacks you can do to try and get things to work, but it's annoying.

So, when looking at nook alternatives, I started doing some research into the kobo. My wife does not like the Kindle, so that was not an option.

My big question is, how does the kobo tread sideloaded content? Does it work like the kindle where everything is just a book and you can do whatever you want with it? Or is sideloaded content a second class citizen?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote