View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #43
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by markatlnk View Post
Thanks, it works great on Kindle touch with 5.1.0. Now to get the shell access from the gui launcher
Just install "simple usbnet" from yifanlu.

Beware that using programs compiled to use this mxcfb.h for 5.0.x and earlier may not work on 5.1.0 (main). That is why my latest programs do not use the eink headers. Instead, I copied and renamed the structures from einkfb.h and from both 5.0.x and 5.0.1 mxcfb.h versions. You can see how I did that in my latest published gmplay program, which now works on all kindles from 2.5.8 DX through K5 5.0.1, in both main and diags modes. I like portable code that runs anywhere without needing to be installed.

EDIT: Also be aware that for graphics programs that run "wide open" (not restricted to a maximum framerate), compiling on a linux host PC with "arm-linux-gcc -O3" will make these programs run many times faster than when compiled with tcc. I used codesourcery for linux, but I also have codesourcery for windows installed in my XP VM, and that works well too. I like to use tcc for "inside the kindle" testing and debugging, but I use a "real" compiler for final release.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-13-2012 at 05:36 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote