View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #39
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
It occurred to me when I woke up after resting that v5.1.0 broke compatibility with the original freescale reference headers in their eink header files, and they may have broken compatibility with a whole lot more.

That means that programs compiled with kindle-tcc-1.4 using these new headers may create programs that ONLY work on v5.1.0. The old headers could probably compile stuff that would even work on other free-scale based (non-Kindle) eink devices.

Because the 5.1.0 headers (and firmware) was made incompatible with the world (and even with kindle firmware 5.1.x) we should probably go back to older headers. I published this just before bed, and and I did not try compiling the demo again. I will try it now.

I may need to downgrade to older headers are release another tcc package. I thought upgrading to the latest headers was a good idea, but thanks to amazon's screw up on 5.1.0, it was not a good idea. Programs compiled for 5.1.0 only work with 5.1.0, and apparently they reference other headers NOT included in the "normal" location in source distribution.

Mixing codesourcery and kindle headers SHOULD be a good thing. Version 5.1.0 breaks that.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote