View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #36
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I just discovered that the K3 has /lib/libm.so.6, which is needed when you use math functions in "#include <math.h>", but it is missing the libm.so symlink needed to use the "-lm" option in tcc to link in the math library. Now I am curious how many other libraries on the K3 are missing their "generic" symlink. This is not a problem on the K5(touch), where linking to the math library is not a problem.

I suppose my tcc installer needs to create any missing library symlinks on the K3.

EDIT: After doing the following commands, my K3 can now link the math library using "-lm":

cd /usr/lib
mntroot rw
ln -s /lib/libm.so.6 libm.so
mntroot ro

It would be nice to know what other libraries will be a problem for each of the different kindle models. I could do the above steps for any missing symlinks during the tcc install process. I suppose I can start with the math library, and worry about the others later. I will post kindle-tcc-1.4.tar.gz soon (after I add a fix for the missing math symlink on some kindles).

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-12-2012 at 11:09 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote