Thread: The Freeloaders
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #37
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Will someone tell my why I should pay $20 for a cd of an album that came out 20 years ago that only has 9 or 10 songs on it?
I'm continually puzzled why CDs, an old technology that has long since paid for itself, and cost maybe $1 a piece to produce, continue to (at least) stay as expensive as they've always been, or if anything are just getting more and more expensive. DVDs, and even Blu-ray BDs, have as a group dropped in price -- why not CDs?

Is it something to do with licensing contracts that were signed back in the day when these things were all new and shiny?