View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #14
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
MC's PDF conversion is better than Calibre's in that it picks up things like italics better. Of course, MC's ability to convert to ePub or LRF is a bit lacking! :-)
I tend to read pdf's directly on the 700, but I converted some text ones for various reasons and I have to say I did not find MC better than at least the recent versions of Calibre.

I have not used BD in a long, long time so I cannot comment on that, but I have one or two pdf's for which MC conversion was distinctly worse than Calibre, and several others for which it was comparable.

But again I guess it's a matter of the type of pdf and of what you want/expect from the conversion, and how much time and effort is worth for you. I tend to do "quick and dirty" not worrying overmuch about stuff as long as the book is readable and fast on the 700.

Cropping to the largest extent possible, so only the text of the book remains is also useful for both reading directly the pdf and doing the Calibre conversion since while you may lose things like author's name, page number, title, you gain readability and after all you *know* what's the book and the 700 has page count.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote