View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #19
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cynoclast, I had to give up my e-device last week and am reading on a PC now. Therefore, I've been experimenting with formats. Download some different softwares and try them out on a few free books from MobileRead. Figure out what will work for your e-device, and then the whole widening world of e-reading will open for you. Google for Mobipocket and eReader reading software and see if you can get it to work on your Nokia. I'm not familiar with your e-device, but I do believe several MobileRead members use the same sort of equipment.

If I were you, I would download eReader software and see if books formatted for that will work on your Nokia. There is always a learning curve anytime a new electronic thingamajig becomes available. After a few successful attempts at downloading free books, I'll bet you will forget why you ever became so frustrated in the first place.

Then, go to www.fictionwise.com and search for the book in question. There are plenty of format options to choose from, usually several choices per book. Other bookstore suggestions include, but are not limited to, BAEN, Feedbooks, Books on Board, Ebooks.com (watch out for extra transaction charges here), and many many more. Google for ebooks and stand back while the avalanche of booksellers rolls past.

Good Luck!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote