View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #16
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, i suppose there is still the option of buying the broken kindle... although it seems rather silly to have to jump through all these hoops just to be able to buy books, doesn't it ?
And, that is actually the only strictly legal option that is open to this individual. However, finding a "broken" Kindle may not be all that easy considering that most are still under warranty (and Amazon has been very good about replacing those that are defective).

However, since the poster does not want to contribute money to Amazon (since they use "draconian lock in" tactics), I don't think buying a broken Kindle and then purchasing ebooks from Amazon is going to be an adequate solution, since he/she would still be purchasing books from a company they do not like.

The only way to get Amazon content without paying any money to Amazon would be through theft. I realize that people often do not see theft as a bad thing if the victim is a large company ... but it is theft all the same.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote