View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoyo View Post
I tried, but the video's description leads to a method that apparently doesn't works (i installed it but it does nothing)
Did you put image files into the indicated folder? If you did, and it did not work, there might be the following problem. Jellby reported that the appropriate changes were not done to the rcS file. Maybe for some reason this happened on your device too. See this post for the necessary change. (You find the rcS in the firmware update file, see this threat. After modifying it you can repack it into a KoboRoot.tgz and write it to the system partition by using the upgrade mechanism.)[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoyo View Post
and the "change libnickel.so.1.0.0" doesn't works either
I am not sure what exactly you are referring to. I once modified libnickel.so.1.0.0 so that it shows a custom image in sleep mode, and reported it here. If you tried this method with a more recent FW, the problem is probably that the screen does not get refreshed, when pickel writes to the screen. You could use the executable that Lucas provided here to make it work.

Last edited by tshering; 07-27-2014 at 01:47 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote