View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thank you citac for suggesting Cool Reader and Xanthe as well for your review of the app.

I did load it on my tablet and it has more control options than I would have guessed. It does indeed allow the navigation (& settings) bar to remain on screen in a location of choice. I knew Cool Reader was being used on some e-ink devices (even the Kindle) but didn't know there was an Android app for it.

It's a little clunky looking but it's equally as serviceable as it's slicker competition. I like that it is an open source project that seems to be a labor of love by one person (from looking at the responses to bug tickets). Has anyone figured out a way to change the TTS voice. I'm including a lot of Zane Grey westerns and they might sound better with a male voice if my father chooses to use that function (I've never read any of Grey's books, so I may be way off the mark ).

I've been downloading YouTube videos if they were available for the apps I'm putting on his tablet (the videos will be on the tablet as well). I think he'll see the pattern that most of the book apps work basically the same. He just has to play to find the one he is most comfortable with.

Thanks again for the Cool Reader suggestion.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote