View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
To be blunt, I'd classify the USE_ALT_FONTS stuff as *messier* than the JailBreak(s) & CM, so, if you're using the messier of the bunch, why not the rest? It also has the added bonus that we actually *know* how our stuff is supposed to behave, which might not entirely be true for the ALT_FONTS trick.
Last sentence is hurting me personally, as I've dug into Java code to find out how precisely USE_ALT_FONTS works and behaves, because there wasn't any description of this thing ATM and I wanted to describe it completely (and I did it). Though I was lucky enough to discover it on 5.1.x, where Java code wasn't so horribly obfuscated yet. Also note that major underlying part of USE_ALT_FONTS method is related to Fontconfig which have extensive documentation.

OTOH, I don't know how jailbreak for recent PW "works", because I didn't look into assembly, where ixtab was looking. But I have high-level techincal description that ixtab provided and it's enough for me.

I understand that it wasn't personal attack, so I'm not claiming any damages from your wordings. But USE_ALT_FONTS method already have some myths connected to it (requirement of full restart, for example), so, please, don't add your expert judgement's weight to it's misleading image of black magic thing.

Last edited by eureka; 01-18-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: add *misleading* to last sentence
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote