View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
I only have an original EE but don't right now feel the need to buy a backup, especially given the prices are too high for either a second new device or one that's been used and who knows in what condition.

I may be pushing my luck, but I figure by the time my edge craps out there will probably be something new and shiny available. If not, $200 - $300 tops is what I'd pay to replace my edge. I love the size of the EE but less so the weight and thickness. (We're on the road for long stretches at a time and it's yet another laptop taking up valuable space/weight in the carryon bag as airlines get more and more stingy about these sorts of things.) I can't see going down to the PE because for pdf annotation/journal note taking I just don't think it's big enough for me, especially with the N810 I carry around that allows me to fill out a pdf form and sign a document just fine (since it doesn't have the zoom levels issue, I can zoom right in, sign, then zoom out.).

And now that I have an 11" Macbook Air, it's really no biggie to always have a laptop with me, so I don't need much of the tablet functions. It's the wacom journal I need (OK, want!), and by the time I'm edgeless, there may very well be a good "notepad" replacement, be it the Eee Note or something else.

But the edge was practically perfect when I was between laptops and had no other computer. It was more than worth its original price, at the time, as a complete laptop/tablet solution.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote