View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
(For instance: that second erratum you spotted "go H! and see my own sword" what is the correct word ? H Home ?
This one at least is "Go Háma, and seek my own sword!" I've just double-checked it with my EPUB version of The Two Towers, which also has the proper line in lieu of April's 573. Actually, from a cursory search through The Two Towers, it seems to be lacking the errors reported here for the 3-in-1. I think I'll do a more comprehensive comparison in the morning, but I remember reading somewhere on MR once that the individual books had less errors than the 3-in-1. That might have been why I bought them individually at the time, now that I think about it.

Professor Tolkien would be rolling in his grave as well if he knew of how his books were riddled with errors. Many recent print editions of LOTR have the section Notes on the Text, which discusses how Tolkien diligently corrected errors and prepared new revisions of LOTR over the years, in which even nasturtians as opposed to nasturtiums became a concern for him. I wonder if the 3-in-1 ebook version features that particular section...*

* EDIT: It seems that the ebook versions do have a Notes on the Text, so scratch that particular thought of mine.

Last edited by viviena; 04-17-2011 at 02:51 PM.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote