View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
My Kobo Wifi from a few years back had two "pixels" that were always stuck on like this and no amount of screen refreshes would make it go away. Also, my new Kindle Paperwhite has one such deal down near the bottom right hand side of the screen. They are extremely small and faint. I think of them as "ink blots" in my screen, kinda like you used to get with paper and ink. Have never caused any problems, but I have never seen eight or so at once, and have no idea if that would be more distressing. I can attest that one or two don't bother me and appear to have no bearing on the life of the device.

The only e-ink/e-paper reader that I have ever had that was spot free was the Sony PRS-350. Go figure.

My first Paperwhite 2013 had something wrong with the screen that made light go crazy in one part of the screen (problem with the matte finish or some coating?) and I had to exchange it for another one. This one had the little ink blot capsule/"pixel", but no light problems... so I was happy.

Last edited by Anthem; 11-13-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote