Thread: Glo sleepmode cover art
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1z View Post
Is there a correct procedure in adding and removing books. I thought one could do it with calibre and with explorer...
You can add books just by copying them onto the device with Windows Explorer, using Calibre, etc. The books are actually added to the Kobo's database by the device itself when you unplug it from the USB port.

If you delete a book from the device (by selecting the menu icon next to the book in the library listing) then it will be properly removed from the database, and all the cached image files are removed too. You should be OK if you use Calibre to remove the book from the device too (I haven't tried that). But I think you can expect problems if you just delete the epub file with Windows Explorer, as the database may not be updated, and there may be old image files left on the device.

I can't say whether that is the cause of the wrong cover in sleep mode, others have reported this problem but I have never encountered it. I always delete books from the device's book menu, never any other way.

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-15-2013 at 03:26 AM. Reason: clarification
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote