View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Dawson View Post
A questions for you all...
I am going to be buying my first ereader. After the snow storm last week, I discovered that while reading my nook and Kindle books through their respective windows 8 app is good on my Surface tablet...the battery life is not the best and after 4 hours of reading, I had a dead tablet and no power to charge.
How good is the Nook Glowlight from B&N? Is it a ereader you recommend that I buy? Are there any known issues and complaints?
(I have books with Amazon and Nook so i flirt with both regularly but this will definitely be a marriage to one or the other)
If you can do without the glow light, the Nook Simple Touch ("2nd Ed") which comes with a SD card slot can be had for ~ $50 new from Ebay. For the very same reason of long reading battery life, the NST is still my go-to tablet for pure reading in/outside the home.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote