View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #85
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
Fair point. I will certainly maintain support for the Calibre OPDS catalog (the code for Digest Authentication is stable, and Microsoft are not , so far, producing any breaking changes to the APIs it needs). But the features for downloading books from websites (and more generally, sources requiring the use of cookies to handle sessions and authentication) are a right pain to maintain - Microsoft keep changing the APIs and besides their cookie-management APIs don't actually work.
Does the latter part about cookies and APIs apply to dropbox and skydrive support? I'd think anything that works through a standard (or de facto standard) like oauth or passport would be stable enough to keep in. On the other hand, I'm 100% OPDS, so I'd be okay with dropbox and skydrive support going away.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote