View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #68
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
I am not criticizing anyone who wasn't offended.
Well, apart from the CEO, it appears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Some people were offended, and there seems to be an element of this discussion which is seeking to belittle and ridicule that response. This seems to be what the CEO was doing as well. That's offensive.
Well, the problem is that there's no absolute criteria to determine if it is actually offensive - if you'd have finished by saying "... to kindlekitten and I, at least", then fine, but you didn't. Personally, I don't think that he was being offensive, which is not to say that some people won't take offense, but I do believe that most people coming into contact with the actual mistake (rather that the reporting of it, as that exposes it to people coming from quite different cultural backgrounds) won't view it as offensive.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote