View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrry94087 View Post
When I am trying to open an ebook that I downloaded from Northern California Digital Library (.acsm file) I get an error: Sorry, the file you are attempting to open cannot be opened by Adobe Digital Editions

Adobe has a page: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408910.html saying that this is probably a version mismatch and suggesting to "Contact the web site (eBook store or library) from which the eBook was downloaded or purchased."

But how do people view the ebooks from Nor Cal library? Should I find the older version of Adobe DE? What is the practical solution for me?
And is there a reason why you haven't contacted the library, as recommended by Adobe? Think about it-somebody at the library knows what version of Adobe they're using. We don't. Somebody at the library knows whether or not other users have reported problems with this file. We don't.

It's not that we're not willing to help you-it's just that the library's support desk should be better *able* to help you. That doesn't mean they have all the answers (after all, they don't know what you're using any more than we do) but they should be a good first stop.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote