View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #167
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Erm, what? I trust you're not referring to the notoriously lame Internet Explorer. Superb iOS browsers like Atomic Web Browser do not lag behind desktop browsers in any way I have noticed. But even the best browser is no substitute for missing apps. Plus, given Microsoft's reputation of producing buggy software, I don't see many people willing to expose themselves to all of that on a mobile device. If those devices were distributed for free... perhaps. But for hundreds of dollars per device... hopeless for MS, I'm afraid.
Have you even used IE10 and IE11? Or are you once again making assumptions? Please do tell what you don't like about them. Like anything they aren't perfect, but every site I go to works as intended. Videos, games, etc. To that end, so does everything I plug into my Surface. Printers, mice, TVs, drives, etc. No apps or proprietary adapters required.

The rest of your post is pure opinion. For me, for example, the web version of Facebook works better than any Facebook app I've ever used on any platform. Things like watch ESPN and other streaming sites work just fine, as does my banking site. Why install apps you don't need?

You know, I don't like sounding like a fanboy. I have owned iDevices in the past and my next phone will remain Android. They all have their pros and cons. I just don't get why some people refuse to believe facts. Microsoft is still a very profitable and capable company putting together a compelling ecosystem that will be a large force in mobile. They have made it clear they aren't going anywhere and they have the resources and sales channels to back up that talk. If you don't believe it, you haven't paid attention to their history.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote