View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 04:57 AM   #6
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
Ipaq as ereader

I am resurrecting an old thread because, although I have an ereader, I have suddenly decided I love reading ebooks on my Ipaq 1950.

When I first starting using an Ipaq, several years ago, I found the small size of the screen frustrating. However, now that I am used to reading ebooks and clicking to turn the pages the size doesn't seem to worry me at all. I installed Mobipocket on the Ipaq, and when I download mobi files I just have to remember to change the suffix from .mobi to .prc

It is so much easier to carry the Ipaq in my handbag, and I can hold it in one hand while I am reading - can even use the automatic scroll function, though at present I don't like the feeling of being forced to read at a particular speed. And of course it has a touch screen, which my ereader doesn't have.

It is possible to buy used Ipaqs cheaply on eBay, so it seems to me to be a good alternative for anyone who feels they can't afford an ereader. Since my mobile phone doesn't have any bells and whistles, I still use the Ipaq as an appointment diary, and I make use of Word and Excel as well.

Altogether a fantastic little device!
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote