View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #13034
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
I just finished The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie (Outstanding! Four thumbs and an unevolved prehensile tail Up!) and m now reading The Secret Adversary by the same author. (The first Tommy/Tuppence story).
Quote:
Young Tuppence Cowley bumps into old friend Tommy Beresford at Dover Street tube station. It’s just after WW1 and jobs are very thin on the ground so Tuppence comes up with a plan to form 'Young Adventurers Ltd' - "Willing to do anything. Go anywhere... No unreasonable offer refused."
(— Quote from www.agathachristie.com)
IMHO, this seems more what I would expect from a freshman effort than "Styles," by which I mean it is enjoyable, but the characters plot and storyline seem less well developed. I suspect "Adversary" was written before "Styles", but published later because of the success of the latter.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote