View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Now I wouldn't say the crime's anywhere near the scale of our George R.M., and the Ice, Blood, and make it up any old way series of course - but enough for me to ask for opinions as to whether ( noting the above ) it's worth giving Book 4 a look ?
I'm a bit weird about Sanderson. I love the Mistborn trilogy, enjoy what he's done with Wheel of Time, but HATE WITH A BURNING PASSION Elantris. Started Warbreaker and didn't get far. With my tastes in mind, I read the newest book set in the Mistborn universe, and I did not like it. I expected it to be nothing like Mistborn (and it wasn't), but I wasn't prepared for it to be a weak steampunky detective story. I can't recommend it, but it depends on how your tastes run. I found the pacing, weak storyline, predictability, bad dialog, and hasty end with lots of action to mirror the way Elantris was written.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote