View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #35
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Not in every case. You can just strip EXIF data without effecting the actual image, but yes... in most cases (and when most people open in an image editing program/save again), this is what happens. Lossy formats should ONLY belong to the very end of the production chain, and never anywhere in between.
Regarding my comment on how jpeg works. I would agree that strip EXIF data is capable of being done without changing the image file. It can also be added as can comments to the file. However, the instructions talked about saving as a web picture which is saving the jpg file itself, not just stripping the data. so I stand by my statement that in the context of the recommendation you should be aware that when you save a jpg you are creating a new one. I was answering a question as to why the file got bigger and it was taken out of context.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote