View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 02:01 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I am using 15.1
I am planning to downgrade to 14.2 Real Soon Now (TM).
The problem is, it crashes very irregularly. Sometimes it goes a week or two without a hiccup, once it crashed 3 times in a row in one html file. If I was near my PC at that moment I would have downgraded immediately. When I did get home the device was behaving well again and I was busy, an tired, and ... . I have vowed several times that I would downgrade as soon as I get to my PC, locate 14.2 version and have a few spare minutes.
Besides, 15.1 contains a few features that I find interesting.

We were told quite a long time ago that the new version is being betatested by Forkosigan, and after that the company is uncharacteristically quiet. Perhaps if I was able to follow the German speaking forum where most of the things (regarding PocketBook) happen on Mobileread I would be wiser. We - the English speaking PB owners and enthusiasts - only learn anything when Ulli or other bilingual fellow PocketBook enthusiast takes a pity and translates a post of two for us .

By the way, the third party FBReader first developed by SciFiFan and now by Granym, bring much, *MUCH*, more improvement to the device than upgrading from 14.2 to 15.1 did.
I wonder if Guys in Kiev plan to backport some features from the "wrist pageturn version"?

Last edited by kacir; 05-21-2010 at 02:05 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote