View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
One of the finer examples why DRM is nonsense?

I'm (co-)publishing the eBook edition of Rettungskreuzer Ikarus, a German SciFi series with 37 issues by now. Our eBooks are DRM-free from day one on.

Yo may find all issues on the Internet, illegally of course. But which issues? Not ours, the DRM-free eBooks, but illegal scans of the printed versions (I know, since we use different covers)!
All those pirates (*arrr!) around could have just bought one of our issues and distribute them freely afterwards. But, nope, they decide to scan the original edition and let us sell our eBook version at a fair price at 50% below the printed version ...

One of those tales larger publishers simply won't want to hear.

DRM? Delusions of Ridiculous Methods ...

I'm with you, Neil, all the way. Both as a reader as well as a publisher (and as a writer, btw).
And, nice layout you've got there!

Last edited by K-Thom; 05-13-2010 at 07:50 PM.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote