View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
As to weight, I had been reading the 6th Harry Potter book. The DX is very light in comparison. The machine is stunning. I can easily see carrying both a reader and laptop on the road.

The size is perfect for reading around the house. For travel, I can see the need for a smaller device, maybe a 7inch screen. Honestly, I can't for the life of me understand why folks would want the 5 inch screen on the new 300 from Sony.
I'm very thin, 5'4" and have super skinny wrists and broke one of them once in a fall 5" down onto a dirt road. But, like you, I don't find the DX particularly heavy!

Xavier,
Must be expectations... I did get a great sleeve for it for using outside the house, as reading with the Amazon cover on it does make it more heavy than I want.
The sleeve is the Octo sleeve, protective but light as can be and adds as little bulk to the DX as possible considering that. $30. And I found a purse that is JUST the right height to hold it in the back because I think I want to carry it on a 3-week trip. Along with a laptop, as advocate2 says. The K2 6" screen is pretty small to me now! I can't imagine depending on the Sony 300 5" one, which doesn't have study tools even, anyway, not much storage and no SD card slot to compensate for it. People would be paying $200 just for the smaller size.

The M-Edge Platform cover is a bit bulky but it is GREAT when you want to have the DX propped up when eating or doing other things with the hands.

The screen's words are just so Crisp and the contrast so good that it's the reader I pick up now. The K2 is for when I'm out on the street and I want to carry a smaller purse.

I thought I'd do a post about a mobile-bookmarks file I made for myself and then offer it on my blog, at http://bit.ly/mobiweb but thought I'd mention it in this thread (too). All that web browsing you do is great - it requires patience and you've got it. Even I'm patient with it, since it's free and very useful when out and about away from computers.

- Andrys

Last edited by andrys; 08-10-2009 at 09:06 AM.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote